It has been a season with the most unexpected events EVER.
During the first day of school in September, my apartment was robbed. The bad
guys completely trashed my room and stole “my” ipad. RUDE! I installed four
locks on the door. Didn’t really
sleep for the month of September because I was scared.
Tracked down my ipad
(via netflix IP address) and got it back the middle of October when I was just
starting to sleep at home with the lights off. I learned a lot about NYPD and
now have some serious doubts about the safety that they provide but very
thankful for the assistance they gave me in getting my stuff back. (even though
they didn’t want to pay me for all my overtime at the police station). I also
wonder why I, the client, was told “that is a really great idea” and “well, you
should really give yourself a pat on the back because without you we wouldn’t
have figured this crime out.” But they still refused to give me any payment.
Just my stuff. But I’m thankful.
In October I turned 31 and erased some boys’ numbers from my
phone. Boys that I’ve dated or was
currently dating for fun but knew it would never turn into anything long
term. I went on a few set-up dates
in October with new guys. One was literally a disaster and I think it was
filmed for some kind of reality TV to prove that single life is really not that
bad. I said I liked chocolate and he asked if I was on my period and I changed
the subject and he asked if I had adhd because “it seemed like you have a hard
time staying on topic…. We were just talking about chocolate.” It pretty much
went down hill from there and I pretty much wanted to die. Two weeks later, after I had almost
recovered from that date, someone (maybe the robbers…. Maybe someone new) used
my debit card number to make a large purchase at home depot and emptied my
checking’s account. RUDE!
It’s November and we are recovering from Hurricane Sandy.
Unexpected! It pretty much devastated NYC. It is heartbreaking to see and hear
all the damage it has done. It put us all at a stand still.
New Yorkers do not
know how to not be busy. I tried
to sign up for four different volunteering/relief events and all were full. The
four major shelters near me posted a sign “ NO MORE HELP.” That is amazing that
they have all the help they need but goes to show that as a whole we don’t do
well with nothing to do….. so we do. My apartment has no TV or internet, which
has nothing to do with the storm but everything to do with Verizon. So during
the storm we literally listening to a radio, I knitted and baked and my
roommates read and played cards, hello… it’s 1940 this week!
But I can’t
complain, I’ve been very lucky during this storm and it has not been a tragedy
for me at all. It has been a week of dinner parties, hosting brunches, and just
hanging out with my friends within walking or biking distance. I’m so thankful.
But……I might have dug up a few phone numbers I had erased when I turned 31 and
responded to a few numbers I erased but I’ll just blame that on the hurricane.
I am back on track now (or as soon as life goes back to normal) I’ll be
protecting my little heart and investing time in people that are only kind and
deserving of my time.
And then the best unexpected thing happened….. I PASSED
NATIONAL BOARDS! I can’t believe it, I was about positive I was going to have
to rewrite some of it or retake exams…. But NO! I passed! No more hair loss, no
more breakouts, no more stomach issues, and I am getting my life back! The best
unexpected news of the season!
That is my Fall season in a nutshell! It’s been quite a
little adventure these past couple months. Not all bad and not all good……. Just
life. Sometimes I think “whose life am I living” or “who am I and what am I
doing” and then a friend tells me, “you’re living your life and doing a really
good job at it and everyone’s life has a different path.” And then I’m thankful
for good friends who remind me to stay on my path.



No comments:
Post a Comment