Monday, April 10, 2017

Parents-to-be

Ryan and I are expecting our son in August. I found this picture, taken a few years back. It was when we were waiting for the right light to finish up our engagement shoot. I think the looks on our faces here capture how are are feeling now about becoming parents, as we are just about four months out.

We are also thrilled and know we are blessed for being pregnant; honored to be chosen to be our son's parents.  But of course also feeling the "OH - We have another human moving in to our apartment and lives, really soon!!" This is an all hands on deck situation!
We felt the little guy move last week and that was the bomb dot com.
We are pretty sure he is all feet, Ryan wears a size 14 in men and I wear a size 10.5 in women. We also think he will be blond because Ryan and I were both blond kids. But he may surprise us and be a small-footed and dark hair kid, it's all still a mystery.
Ryan is doing amazing work on his nursery. It is SO cool! I just picked out and ordered the crib and changing table, the theme, paint, colors, and layout was all Ryan.  He is so creative and I love how it is turning out.
We are in birthing classes now too and we're learning about a method to birth this baby but also learning new ways to communicate with each other and better understand how we both work. It's pretty rad. 
Things have changed in the past 5.5 months, they have. I was never a huge fan of change, but honestly I have learned that change can bring better things. Change can kick good in the ass and bring in the best. Change can lead to a life I never could have even imaged.
These past five and half months I have learned so much more about Ryan and his incredible amounts of patience and love for our family and there is not one else on this planet I would rather have a baby with.
I fell on the ice about a month ago, hit my head, and had to go to the ER. It was the day after a blizzard and I wore the wrong shoes and it was super slippery.  Those 12 minutes in a taxi to the hospital and 5 minutes it took to sign in and hook me up (they move FAST when you are with child) were the longest moments of my life. I just wanted to hear the little guy's heartbeat, I just wanted to know that he was ok. That my fall didn't hurt him. We are both fine. Ryan met me at the hospital and we just sat there, thankful. 
I have never cried more often than I do now. Sometimes I think it dehydrates me.
I have always been a crier, I'm a very emotional girl, but pregnancy has definitely amplified that.  But now at least I get away with it because I am pregnant.
I can say, now, I like being pregnant. Now, at week 22, I don't mind it. Trimester one was total gong! I was so sick and didn't look pregnant so no one offered their seat on the subway (since then I have learned- I just unzip my thick winter jacket, rub my stomach, and look desperate, and more often than not - I have gotten a seat!). But oh those trimester one days, rough.

I am thankful for the path my life has taken. I am thrilled to be this little boy's Mom.  He is a very lucky kid that he gets Ryan as a Dad. It's so cool that Ryan and I found each other in this great big world and that we are bringing a little tiny (but big footed) baby into this world.

No comments: