One of the best things that has ever happened to me occurred
in North Carolina this past August. Ryan, my boyfriend at the time, in his
words “upgraded me” to his fiancée. He proposed in the most perfect way and I
said yes!
And now…. We are on our way to alter!!! (just as soon as
we finish making some flower, photography, and ceremony decisions, and then
prepare our little hearts for a life time of love and commitment)
Ok, we’re on it!
Turns out no matter how amazing and wonderful the change is;
it is still a change. It is the best upgrade that anyone has ever asked me to
be a part of and I am blessed beyond words that I get to spend my life with
someone that I think is the greatest person I’ve ever met. BONUS!! And so, I am
preparing myself for all the changes that comes with my, “yes”. Cause HELLO change, there is a lot of you
There are some really powerful things I have discovered to
assist me in my road towards marriage. This engagement stage comes with more decisions and feelings and choices than I ever realized
brides and grooms encountered. Often I
turn to books to ground me when I enter uncharted territory, cause I figure someone else
has most likely gone through something a little similar. So I currently am reading, The conscience bride,
and it is AWESOME!!! I have always LOVED to connect with other people that are
going or have gone through something similar to me. (Although I am also trying
to grasp that no one has ever lived my life and I need to stop trying to
get people to understand my choices and every aspect of my life….. OH, which
brings me to a really great quote from a different book I am also reading, “the
vast majority of us go to our graves without knowing who we are. We
unconsciously live someone else’s expectations for us. This does violence to
ourselves, our relationship with God, and ultimately to others". Anyway, that
book is GOOD. Thanks Peter Scazzero, you’re a solid author) And ok, back to the
conscience bride book, it’s also solid and kinda like a game changer!
I am working hard to be me and be the best Jes
I can be for myself and then also for this man that I am just about to marry.
The guy I am about to commit to live life with for the rest of our lives.
That’s pretty huge. It’s a big deal!
So as I am learning to live MY life and live the very best
one I can possibly live. I am really into the little moments in life. The raw,
low key, easy times. Kinda like the outtakes of life. Just a little like this
picture……here we are waiting for the perfect sunlight and for the cars to STOP
driving in front of our “backdrop” during our engagement photo shoot. We are really happy, as seen in all
our published engagement pictures, but in this outtake image, it’s raw, we are just
waiting, it’s real life.
And then we kept posing for our
perfect NYC skyline picture but there were boats and people and airplanes. The picture we printed on canvas and LOVE came together long after all the
others were taken.
After this boat, came the picture we were waiting for!
“Breathing through uncomfortable situations is what brings
growth.” This is what I have been told in one of my books.
The most authentic and beautiful life I can possibly live
comes from accepting situations I can’t control and ones I didn’t expect. Cause sometimes an unexpected things turns
into the love of my life. (other times it’s crying about the unexpected things
on our wedding “to do” list). But that’s life.
For me, I don't want to put all my energy into waiting for the magical moments. There will be boats in the way, the sun won't shine the way our photographer needs, and sometimes high heels hurt after a while.
And there ARE magical moments and I am super thankful for those too!!


No comments:
Post a Comment