Monday, March 25, 2013

Snow in the Spring

I went running this morning, it's my Spring break and so I get to run in the mornings, which I LOVE! I appreciate my runs after work too, when I try and leave the stress of the school day on concrete, parks, and bridges all over NYC. But there is something about my morning runs that I love. Today's run was through snow! Spring snow. I've never liked the cold. It wasn't my favorite run.
I ran past the start of tulips (just green shoots) and I thought "bloom baby bloom, don't let this snow storm deter you from blooming." And ya know what.... I am going to take that for myself too.

The seasons have always been symbolic for me. I feel so free and so amazing in the summers. My skin, hair, and emotions all reflect the sun shining. Here at the end of winter (oh god please!! It has to be the end of winter SOON!) my dried out skin and dark hair, very untouched my sun, and my bad attitude reflect these dark and cold days we've had since, literally, October. It's been a long winter. Everyone around me has felt it and it seems like everyone has experienced this epic winter on a pretty intense level.

The Spring will bring my nephew's first birthday, my students' art and writing work into a gallery in Dumbo, runs without loosing feeling in my fingers, time on my new rooftop. Then the summer will come and I'll be in Paris. Good things are coming. Good things are going too. A really special friend of mine, Jess, is moving away from NYC in the Spring and that's really sad. Spring always brings change. Change is going to happen. It can't not.

So I'm living my story. Jen, Bec, and I went to see Pink on Saturday night! It was so super fun and Pink's lyrics are such a story. There are so many lines in her songs that I can relate to and if I put a bunch of her songs together it might kinda tell my story a little. Music is amazing and I am thankful that music is not seasonal and that I get to connect to it year round.

So let's connect to passionate music and bloom and SOON the Spring will come! It just has to.

 

No comments: