Wednesday, April 2, 2008

update - spring 08

So its been a while......
I'm in california and so so tired cause its 10:30 at home, which is WAY past my bedtime. But only 7:30 here so I'm trying to stay awake.
I see that I haven't written since december and I must say I've done really well for myself in getting through the winter. This may have been one of my favorite winters.
Maybe because.........
- I helped celebrate Liz's engagement and am helping her plan her wedding
- Went to my nephew's first birthday
- Celebrated Millay's last birthday in the city
- Laid on the beach in Punta Cana with Sarah
- Actually enjoyed the cold (from the inside of my heated little car)
- And maybe my very favorite part of this winter was falling in love (I'm still falling)

So I've decided to have more time for life and not be so busy so hopefully that helps my writing more. I love writing.

Friends
So I had to say good-bye to my dear friend Millay last night. We just sat on her couch in brooklyn and I tried to pretend it wasn't the last time for BK couch catch up time. We cried. We hugged and we know we'll be friends forever. I burst into tears when I got into my car. My tear stained face was just telling the world I am very lucky to have a friend like Millay.

Family
Last weekend Charlie and I babysat my nephew, Haven. We were exhausted when we got back to ny. He was a blast and made everything ten times more fun. We sat by a stream and it was so fun because Haven just stared and was so into it, like he'd never seen it before. Well maybe he had never seen it before.

Love
Charlie is my boyfriend. We like being together so much. Its great. Its really great! He is one of the kindest people I have ever met.

Work
I am still enjoying it. Quiting my job in East New York was one of the best decisions I've ever made, ever. It was just sucking the life out of me and now I am so happy at my job. I feel like its where I am suppose to be.

Spiritual
It's steady. Things have always just made sense in this area of my life. Simple. Truth is simple.
I was hurt pretty bad by the church in January. Most Christians would say, "who hasn't" and to that I would raise my hand and say, "I hadn't.....before January" Church has always been a safe and very comfortable place for me. Always. It's where I go for my peace. A great place for me to reconnect to what my being is in tune with. I'm looking for a new one of these places. I miss it so, so, so, so much.

Future
So next summer I'll meet my new baby niece.
I am planning on visiting Millay in England and then meeting up with Charlie in Ireland.

......ok, so there is an update. I will try and not take so long in writing again. And if I can keep up with it I wont have to write so much. But congrats to any of you that made it to the end of the novel.

8 comments:

millay said...

Way to go on your blog Jes! An essay,no less. I love it. Hope you're sleeping soundly in CA!xx

Jen said...

Jes - I'm glad to see an update! Sorry I removed you - I took off everyone who never updated. You're so back, though. Haven exausted you, huh? He is nonstop action at this stage. I'm so glad he loved the hikes, I can't wait to get a carrier and take him out myself. Have a fun time in ca.

Jen said...

Oh, and THANKS for taking such amazing care of him!!

Mr. Maciejewski said...

I love your blog. It was the first time I have seen your blog and I love how you write--its a whole other dimension of you-- which I love!

Lady Leth said...

Yay! I am glad you are going to write more. I like reading what you write.

merry said...

Finally a f-ing update. Thanks for the info. I get all my updates from Linds because someone named Jes apparently hates my guts. Just kidding.LOVE YOU!

merry said...

Oh and thanks for the info on the new kids...you know what I like.

linds said...

love the blog! just remembered it, and it's so great. you are so interesting.